Mozu is a new omnichannel SAAS based commerce platform from Volusion is suitable for small to mid-sized enterprises who want their presence across multiple channels or devices. Here, I am providing a high-level feature list based on my working knowledge.
The features are divided based on the different commerce modules.
Product catalog and Inventory management:
- Commerce Models
- Catalog Hierarchy Configuration
- Catalog navigation with breadcrumb
- Product bundles
- Configurable products – Products with multiple options.
- Email product/sharing
- Templates supported
- Catalog Import/Export utility
- Cross Sell
- SEO Support
- Inventory Tracking
- Location-based inventory
- In-stock alerts
- Administration – Access Control
- No Support for internationalization – It will come as part of coming releases.
Pricing & Discounts:
- Item level discounts
- Order level discounts
- Buy One Get One discounts
- Quantity-based discounts
- Discounts with various targeting rules
- Price Override
- No Support for Price Lists – It will come as part of coming releases.
- No Tiered/Volume based pricing – It will come as part of coming releases.
- No Subscription/Recurring Billing – It will come as part of coming releases.
Order & Payment:
- Support for Various Payment Gateways
- Built-in Tax Calculator – If you want you can integrate with your own tax calculator
- Shipping cost calculator – Need little customization
- Built-in FedEx, UPS, USPS support
- Order Tracking – Requires customization
- Built-in Address Verification – If you want you can integrate with your own Address Verification Service
- Order Export
- Reorder Support
- External OMS integration – If you want to integrate with your own OMS
- Pay with checks
- Pay with Paypal Express
- No Order status customization
- No Payment status customization
- No Support for multi-shipping groups per order
- No Support for multi payment types per order
- Customer Data Import/Export utility
- Signup/Login/Forgot Password
- Access Control (Site Level)
- Email Templates
- Store Credit
- Customer Segments
- Social Sign-on integration – Requires customization
- Search Tuning for relevancy
- Facet Control – New fields to add
- Built-in support for Auto suggestions
- Synonyms support
- No Spell Check support
- No Control over indexing
- No ‘On Demand’ indexing trigger to the developers(Can be done by contacting the MOZU support team).
Web Content Management:
- Extensive support for widgets
- Content Versioning
- Responsive Design Support
- Webpage Customization
- Content Workflow
- Support to use CDN
- Assets management
Reporting & Analytics:
- GA integration
- Abandoned Cart Reports
- Customer Details Reports
- Order Details Reports
- Interactive and Dashboard is a future road map request.
- SAAS based architectural model
- Rich REST-based API support
- SDK support for various languages like JAVA, .NET, PHP, etc.
- Extensibility through applications and events.
- Deep integrations through capabilities
- Good documentation support
- Forum support
- Ready to use 3rd party integrations like Kount, Bazzarvoice, Bronto, Shipworks, etc. the list may increase for future releases.
- Less licensing, implementation and support cost compared with other eCommerce platform providers.
Overall the platform is gaining a lot of attraction due to less time to build store, customization, and cost. To know more details check here.