Mozu is a new omni channel SAAS based commerce platform from Volusion is suitable for small to mid sized enterprises who wants their presence across multiple channels or devices. Here, I am providing high level feature list based on my working knowledge.
The features are divided based on the different commerce modules.
Product catalog and Inventory management:
- Multi site
- Commerce Models
- Catalog Hierarchy Configuration
- Catalog navigation with breadcrumb
- Product bundles
- Configurable products – Products with multiple options.
- Email product/sharing
- Templates supported
- Catalog Import/Export utility
- Cross Sell
- SEO Support
- Inventory Tracking
- Up Sell
- Location based inventory
- In-stock alerts
- Administration – Access Control
- No Support for internationalization – It will come as part of coming releases.
Pricing & Discounts:
- Item level discounts
- Order level discounts
- Buy One Get One discounts
- Quantity-based discounts
- Discounts with various targeting rules
- Price Override
- No Support for Price Lists – It will come as part of coming releases.
- No Teired/Volume based pricing – It will come as part of coming releases.
- No Subscription/Recurring Billing – It will come as part of coming releases.
Order & Payment:
- Support for Various Payment Gateways
- Built in Tax Calculator – If you want you can integrate with your own tax calculator
- Shipping cost calculator – Need little customization
- Built in FedEx, UPS, USPS support
- Order Tracking – Requires customization
- Built in Address Verification – If you want you can integrate with your own Address Verification Service
- Order Export
- Reorder Support
- External OMS integration – If you want to integrate with your own OMS
- Pay with checks
- Pay with Paypal Express
- No Order status customization
- No Payment status customization
- No Support for multi shipping groups per order
- No Support for multi payment types per order
- Customer Data Import/Export utility
- Signup/Login/Forgot Password
- Access Control (Site Level)
- Email Templates
- Store Credit
- Customer Segments
- Social Sign on integration – Requires customization
- Search Tuning for relevancy
- Facet Control – New fields to add
- Built in support for Auto suggestions
- Synonyms support
- No Spell Check support
- No Control over indexing
- No ‘On Demand’ indexing trigger to the developers(Can be done by contacting the MOZU support team).
Web Content Management:
- Extensive support for widgets
- Content Versioning
- Responsive Design Support
- Webpage Customization
- Content Workflow
- Support to use CDN
- Assets management
Reporting & Analytics:
- GA integration
- Abandoned Cart Reports
- Customer Details Reports
- Order Details Reports
- Interactive and Dashboard is a future road map request.
- SAAS based architectural model
- Rich REST based API support
- SDK support for various languages like JAVA, .NET, PHP etc…
- Extensibility through applications and events.
- Deep integrations through capabilities
- Good documentation support
- Forum support
- Ready to use 3rd party integrations like Kount, Bazzarvoice, Bronto, Shipworks etc… the list may increase for future releases.
- Less licencing, implementation and support cost compared with other eCommerce platform providers.
Overall the platform is gaining lot of attraction due to less time to build store, customization and cost. To know more details check here.